- A public meeting will be held Monday evening to address urban coyotes in the Seal Beach area and how to deal with and avoid them. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the Seal Beach City Council Chambers, 211 8th Street. Find out more about the meeting here.
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal, who represents Los Alamitos in the U.S. House of Representatives, will hold a free community healthcare fair Thursday at the Garden Grove Community Center. Lowenthal said the fair will give residents a chance to learn about the new healthcare laws and how to enroll in California's health benefit exchange, known as Covered California. The fair runs from 2-4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7.
- In case you missed it over the weekend, a plane crashed on Catalina Island but only minor injuries were sustained. Read all about it in our article here.
- Patch has released an update to its mobile app for the iPhoneand also released a new Android version of the app. For the first time Patch users can get all the great hyperlocal content they love in an Android mobile app. It’s free and you can download it here. It’s all the headlines you rely on but in a completely mobile-native format. Now for the completely refreshed: The free Patch for iOS mobile app.
- Be sure to like Los Alamitos-Seal Beach Patch on Facebook to get up to the minute updates on what is happening around town. Visit our Facebook page here.
See something around town? Have sometime that you think should be published on Patch? Let me know by sending me an email at John.Schreiber@patch.com.