Summer Scribes is pleased to announce Summer Scribes for Teens! This is an online summer writing program designed specifically to prepare middle/high school students for the writing portion of the SAT® Exam. In just 6 weeks, students will learn to do what teachers, colleges, and test-scorers want to see in the essay. Students will receive all the benefits of a writing camp while still getting to sleep in, vacation, and have fun with friends! Here is an overview:
- Monday: Students receive a writing prompt via email. This writing prompt is modeled after the SAT writing prompts.
- Thursday: Students turn in their completed essay (1 ½ to 2 pages) via email.
- Saturday: Students receive their graded essay via email. This essay will be full of digital comments and suggestions for improvement. Their score and feedback is based on the SAT 6-point rubric. Revisions are optional.
- Optional: Students may choose to add the option of a review meeting. This is a 30-minute meeting with the instructor.
The individual feedback to writing is vital to improvement. Think of it like a sport: A student cannot learn how to throw a strike by reading about it, listening to a coach talk about it, or even watching a professional do it! They must get out on the mound and throw the ball. Then the coach can advise them on their posture, their footing, and their release. Writing is the same. Teachers can lecture about sentence structure and comma rules, but students will best understand the concepts when they see it in their own writing.
- The program runs from July 9th to August 17th.
- The fee for the 6-week program is just $150.
- The optional Review Meetings are an additional $25 each (up to $75).
For more information or to register, please call Amanda at 714-488-6949 or visit www.SummerScribes.com/teen-camp