Here are your latest Freeway closures courtesy of the Orange County Transportation Authority.
This summer, crews are preparing for several major connector closures as construction progresses on the west segment. The following 55-hour weekend closures (from 10 p.m. on a Friday until 5 a.m. the following Monday) are scheduled to take place in the next six to eight weeks:
- The southbound 605 / northbound 405 connector will be closed for 55-hours over the weekend, from 10 p.m. Friday, May 18 until 5 a.m. Monday, May, 21. This closure is necessary to allow crews to realign the connector to accommodate the I-605 freeway widening.
Recommended Detours: From the southbound I-605 freeway, exit Willow Street and turn right, proceed west on Willow Street then turn left onto Palo Verde Avenue, continue south on Palo Verde Avenue to access the northbound 405 freeway on-ramp
- The northbound 405 / northbound 605 connector will be closed over the weekend for 55-hours in June 2012. An exact date is not yet available
Additional Closures this week
- The westbound 22 / northbound 405 connector and southbound 405 / eastbound 22 connector will be closed nightly this week.
- The northbound 405 / westbound 22 / 7th Street connector has reopened to motorists after the year-long closure. While the connector will be open to daytime commuters, intermittent nighttime closures will take place over the next few weeks as the contractor continues to remove falsework from the bridge and perform other minor "finishing touches."
- The northbound 405 freeway will be closed from Seal Beach Boulevard to the 605 interchange nightly this week between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.