Editor's Note: The following crime calls were made to the Seal Beach Police Department and listed on the SBPD dispatch log.
- 02/22/2013 — 2:44 a.m. — Westminster Boulevard and Studebaker Road— A silver Honda Accord with a Washington license plate was reportedly driving back and forth through multiple traffic lanes.
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 02/22/2013 — 8:06 a.m. — 2nd Street — A woman said her husband took $35,000 in jewelry from her. One of the two mentioned a possible divorce. Officers counseled the two parties.
- 02/22/2013 — 1:34 p.m. — Old Ranch Road — A woman said she sent $30,000 to someone claiming to be her grandson in jail in Mexico.
INJURY TRAFFIC ACCIDENT
- 02/22/2013 — 6:28 p.m. — 12th Street and Central Avenue — A white Chevy Impala slammed on its brakes, making a skateboarder in the alley smash into the vehicle, according to the skateboarder. The skateboarder, who made the call to police, said his face hurt and he required medical attention. The driver allegedly hit the brakes on purpose because the skateboarder was too close to his vehicle. The driver was described as a man in his 20s with long hair and wearing brown shirt. The man allegedly got into an argument with the skateboarder and then went inside a nearby home. According to the dispatch log, officials listed the incident as “solved” and downgraded its classification to "medical aid."
- 02/22/2013 — 8:05 p.m. — Coastline Drive — Three female juveniles threw water balloons at passing vehicles. Officers spoke with the juveniles' parents.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information