DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
- 10/04/2012 — 5:11 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Anderson — A white Chevy Tahoe was speeding or racing all over the road. The driver then ran a red light, hit the center median and then hit the curb. He then entered the wrong side of the road, passed Anderson. He then began driving down the middle of the road after crossing the bridge. Officers stopped the vehicle, and the driver was detained.
HIT AND RUN - NON-INJURY
- 10/04/2012 — 6:03 p.m. — Lampson Avenue — A caller’s son was riding a bicycle and was hit by a car. The driver was reportedly an elderly man in a light green Sedan. The man was last seen heading westbound on Lampson and then southbound on Tulip.
TRAFFIC COLLISION WITH INJURIES
- 10/04/2012 — 6:09 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A Hyundai SUV started rolling away and the driver tried to jump in and stop it. She reportedly suffered a broken leg in the attempt.
- 10/04/2012 — 6:49 p.m. — Lampson Avenue and Seal Beach — A white Toyota Corolla was driving down the street with the driver's door open. There appeared to be no one in the vehicle. It was last seen heading westbound on Lampson in the left turn lane.
- 10/05/2012 — 12:21 p.m. — North Gate and Seal Beach — A victim’s white GMC Sierra truck had its passenger-side door lock picked yesterday and $500 to $800 worth of hand tools and drills stolen. The caller reportedly caught the suspect breaking in and was able to recover some of the lost items. The thief then got into a black late 80s Jeep Cherokee and left. The thief was described as in his 30s, five foot eight inches tall and about 200 pounds. The caller said he couldn’t contact the police at the time because he was at work.
Information courtesy the Seal Beach Police Department.