- 01/07/2013 — 1:18 p.m. — 5th Street and Electric — A caller reported a fire hydrant spraying water "everywhere." The Orange County Fire Authority was en route. It turned out the spray was on purpose — the city’s Public Works Department was doing maintenance on the hydrant.
- 01/07/2013 — 4:02 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway. — Sometime between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. a suspect stole a black Schwinn Beach Cruiser, valued at about $250, that had been parked at the bike rack in front of a nearby business.
- 01/07/2013 — 5:39 p.m. — 10th Street and Central — A caller reported two men on the roof of a residence on central between 9th and 10th street on the east side. The caller thought it was suspicious because the two did not have lights or tool belts and no vehicles were seen. The two men were wearing sweaters, jeans and beanies. Officers later confirmed they were construction workers finishing up for the day.
- 01/09/2013 — 8:03 a.m. — Westminster and Kitts — A hawk, possibly injured, was lying in the street between the two westbound lanes of Westminster. The call was referred to Long Beach Animal Care Services, which handles the city’s animal control issues.
- 01/09/13 — 08:49 p.m. — Beryl Cove — Sometime between 7 p.m. the previous day and 8 a.m. Jan. 9, someone jammed a tool into a vehicle's key hole, broke the lock and made off with a laptop valued at $2,500. No one else had access to the vehicle.
Information courtesy the Seal Beach Police Department.