Editor's Note: These reports were culled from the Seal Beach Police Department's latest Crime Log.
- 1/29/13 — 6:16 p.m. — Central Avenue and 1st Street — A man wearing a black hoodie and cream-colored pants was reported swiping a “wand” underneath vehicles. According to the caller, the wand kept “lighting up.” The man was gone before police arrived and was last seen heading north on 1st from Central.
- 1/29/13 — 11: 14 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A man was yelling and making sounds like he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He was seen with a group of six other people who appeared to be trying to walk him down the street. The people were reportedly military personnel and helped the man back to a nearby ship.
- 01/20/13 — 10:07 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A white, 17-foot Boston whaler boat with an outboard motor and fiberglass body was reported stolen during the night, along with gray trailer.
- 01/30/13 — 12: 26 p.m. — Mayfield Road — A blue tricycle, valued at $100, was stolen sometime now about 4:00 p.m. yesterday.
- 01/30/12 — 1:08 p.m. — Ironwood Avenue — A 'suspicious' man was reported going door-to-door, claiming to be with a tree trimming business. He was gone by the time the police arrived.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public; the outcome of the report may differ from the original blotter item. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information.