These reports were culled from the Seal Beach Police Department's Crime Log for Jan. 22 through Jan. 28.
TRAFFIC COLLISION – NON-INJURY
- 01/22/2013 —6:26 p.m. — 405 Freeway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller in a silver GMC pickup was involved in a traffic collision with two other silver vehicles. The officer helped the drivers exchange insurance information.
- 01/23/2013 — 11:19 a.m. — Fire Avenue — A silver two-door Honda Pilot with the keys in the ignition went missing Jan. 19. The caller said the vehicle was later located and recovered by the Garden Grove police department on Jan. 20. The vehicle had been involved in a traffic collision. SBPD officers spoke with the Garden Grove police, who said they would recover the vehicle, which was wrecked in the collission.
- 01/23/2013 — 11:38 p.m. — Marine Drive — A man got out of a blue and white Toyota Scion and put a pill bottle under the bike rack and then he left. It turned out, it was part of a geocaching game.
- 01/23/2013 — 2:32 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A bike and vehicle were involved in a collision near the opening of the parking lot. A caller reported the bicyclist was moving, but bleeding and holding his face. The Orange County Fire Authority was en route.
SUSPICIOUS OCCUPIED VEHICLE
- 01/23/2013 — 2:38 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man and a woman in an older gold Toyota Camry were possibly looking to scam people into letting the duo fix their vehicles. The caller allegedly saw the two approach a woman in a red corvette and say that they could fix scratches on her vehicle. They asked her to follow them to a nearby store. The caller was able to divert the woman away; however the Camry remained in the parking lot. The man was described as a having tattoos on his hands and wearing a baseball hat, and the woman was described as having dark hair.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public; the outcome of the report may differ from the original blotter item. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information.
Check out some of Los Alamitos, Rossmoor and Seal Beach's other top stories here.