HIT AND RUN PARKED VEHICLE
- 09/19/2012 — 2:05 p.m. — Cottonwood Lane — A blue and white van hit a caller’s white Ford F-250. The caller suspects a nearby elderly neighbor between 60 to 70 years old.
ILLEGAL PARKED VEHICLE
- 09/19/2012 — 3:01 p.m. —Welcome Lane — A dark blue truck was parked in front of a residence in a loading zone. The caller said the driver put cones around the car to make it look like the driver was doing work.
- 09/19/2012 — 4:55 p.m. — Main Street — A power line was shorting out, and a caller reported seeing small flames. The caller ran to the fire station on Central to report it. The Orange County Fire Authority reported the same thing, and another caller said lights had shorted out.
- 09/19/2012 — 5:44 p.m. — Lampson Avenue and Heather Street — A rust-colored Nissan collided with a power pole. At 5:46 the power pole was sparking and about to fall over. The pole was reportedly hanging by the wires and severed. Southern California Edison responded and deenergized the power lines. Officers responded and placed stop signs at blacked out intersections at Lampson. Altogether at least two intersections were blacked out.
- 09/19/2012 — 6:47 p.m. — 11th Street — A caller reported a possible house on fire with a lot of smoke on 11th Street on the south side of Electric Avenue. It turned out to be a car fire in a carport.
Information courtesy the Seal Beach Police Department.