Editor's Note: The following crime calls were made to the Seal Beach Police Department and listed on the SBPD dispatch log.
- 02/21/2013 — 2:57 a.m. — Golden Rain Road — Leisure World Security reported seeing several masked people with backpacks at a nearby maintenance yard. The group got into a vehicle and left when security arrived. Security officers told the SBPD that the maintenance yard has had “problems with people stealing tools from maintenance.” The dispatch log reports that the crew may have been taggers.
- 02/21/2013 — 4:16 a.m. — El Dorado and Oakmont — A man wearing all black and a ski mask hopped over a wall into Leisure World and was riding around on a bike, security reported. The man then threw his bike over the fence, then followed the bike and left on a nearby dirt road.
- 02/21/2013 — 4:33 p.m. — Bayou Way — Someone stole a tan-colored man-purse and guitar case, worth a combined $200, the previous day.
DISTURBING THE PEACE, JUVENILES
- 02/21/2013 — 7:58 p.m. — Bolsa Avenue — Four juveniles were seen pushing a shopping cart on the slides at a local playground.
- 02/21/2013 — 9:17 p.m. — Elder and Violet — A man was looking into a residence from the front porch of a two-story residence. The six foot tall man than moved to the front lawn and began to stretch. He was described as 17 or older and wearing a yellow headband and dark sweats with white lettering on the front.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information