They say alcohol can lead to bad decisions. On August 24 at 10:28 p.m., that’s exactly what happened after a man jumped out of his father’s moving truck after drinking half a gallon of vodka.
“The son decided he wanted to get out of the car and did not wait for the car to stop,” said Seal Beach Police Sergeant Steve Bowles.
Bowles said the son was taken to Long Beach Memorial Hospital for his injuries.
Reported from the Seal Beach Weekly Blotter for the most recent week reported.
- 8/23/11 — 6:56 a.m. —Seal Beach Boulevard/405 Freeway — A report of petty theft. Tools were stolen from a construction site.
- 8/24/11 – 1:24 p.m. – Ocean Avenue — A report of a disturbance. A group of about 10 to 12 college age persons took chairs and blankets and set them in a pile while threatening to burn them. The group was detained and their parents were contacted.
- 8/24/11 — 5:22 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A report of a possible burglary. A call came in that two female suspects stole children’s clothing.
- 8/24/11 — 6:39 p.m. — Sandpiper Drive — A group of children hit a golf ball through the caller’s vehicle window.
- 8/27/11 — 1:22 a.m. — PCH/ Seal Beach — DUI arrest.
- 8/27/11 — 7:53 p.m. — Dogwood Avenue — A report of a burglary. The caller said that while she was out walking her dogs an unknown suspect came into her home and stole her bright green leather purse.
- 8/27/11 — 9: 42 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — DUI arrest
- 8/28/11 — 2:01 a.m. — PCH — DUI arrest.
- 8/28/11 — 3:55 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — Suspicious person. A person was seen taking photos of children on the beach from the pier. According to Bowles, the person was interviewed and released. Bowles said that the best action parents can take if they find themselves in similar situation is to call the police to investigate the person.
- 8/28/11 — 8:01 p.m. — Main Street — Warrant. Frank A. Casey was taken into custody for outstanding warrants.
- 8/28/11 — 8:30 p.m. — Bolsa/ Seal Beach — DUI arrest.