Editor's Note: The following crime calls were made to the Seal Beach Police Department and listed on the SBPD dispatch log.
AUTO THEFT REPORT
- 03/04/2013 — 7:11 a.m. — 7th Street — Someone stole a 1998 Blue Honda Civic. A caller said it was later recovered by the Long Beach Police Department, but the vehicle had body damage. No plates were missing.
- 03/04/2013 — 4:06 p.m. — Kitts Highway and Westminster Boulevard — A malfunctioning red light caused traffic to back up, a caller said. The signal was affecting both eastbound and westbound traffic on Westminster. Some drivers were running the red light.
- 03/05/2013 — 11:14 a.m. — Annandale Drive — A Leisure World resident made threats to a shoot a dog, security personnel said. Security added it was a verbal threat only and no gun was seen.
- 03/05/2013 — 4:20 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — After a caller said a baby had a severe fever, Orange County Fire Authority dispatch sent an emergency crew to the scene. An ambulance transported the baby to a nearby hospital. The dispatch log included no further word on the baby’s condition.
- 03/05/2013 — 5:07 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Adolfo Lopez — A woman was seen throwing a handful of white powder as she walked northbound on the westside of Seal Beach Boulevard. It turned out she was marking a trail for runners.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information