Editor's Note: The following crime calls were made to the Seal Beach Police Department and listed on the SBPD dispatch log.
- 03/01/2013 — 5:03 a.m. — Atlantic Avenue —Someone stole a floor safe from a van on the northbound side of Linden Street. The caller said he suspected two men, but no further description was given.
- 03/01/2013 — 9:40 a.m. — Southport Lane — A caller said a caregiver was abusing a woman who lives at the location and the caregiver was also stealing money from the woman.
- 03/01/2013 —2:00 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Bolsa Avenue — A Red Plymouth traveling northbound on PCH reportedly bounced off of some curbs and almost hit another vehicle. The driver, described as wearing a black hat and a red-checkered shirt, appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The caller was a tow truck driver who was driving behind the vehicle.
DISTURBING THE PEACE – JUVENILES
- 03/01/2013 — 3:40 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — Four teen girls between the ages of 14 and 15 were “jumping into traffic and making vehicles stop” a caller reported. No injuries were reported.
- 03/02/2013 — 3:37 a.m. — Westminster Avenue —A subject went under a flood gate to try to gain entrance to Leisure World. When Leisure World security officers saw him, he started running and was last seen heading eastbound on Westminster. He was described as between the ages of 17 and 20 with curly hair, a goatee, a red sweatshirt, dark pants and a black backpack. He reportedly never made it onto the property because he saw security and “got scared."
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information