Driving in Southern California can be tough, but it's a little easier if Patch helps you plan ahead.
Here are some of the road and ramp closures heading your way soon, according to the Orange County Traffic Authority.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
Eastbound SR-22 / Northbound I-405 Connector, 12-Month Closure:
- Beginning in mid- to late-September the eastbound SR-22 to northbound I-605 connector will be closed for approximately 12 months. This connector must be demolished and reconstructed in order to accommodate the new I-405 / I-605 carpool connector. Check out the map below and click here for detailed detour information.
Northbound I-405 / Northbound I-605 Connector, 55-Hour Closure:
- Connector will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 until 5 a.m., Monday, Sept. 17 and the following weekend, from 10 p.m., Sept. 21 through 5 a.m., Monday, Sept. 24. This closure is necessary so that crews can realign the connector to accommodate the additional carpool lanes on the I-405 freeway. Click here for detailed detour information.
Seal Beach Blvd. Bridge Demolition (West Half):
- Crews will demolish the west half of the Seal Beach Blvd. bridge at night Friday and Saturday, Sept. 21 and 22. Seal Beach Blvd. will be closed overnight between approximately 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., to facilitate demolition activities. Demolition will require alternating nighttime closures of the northbound and southbound I-405 freeway, below the Seal Beach Blvd. bridge. A detailed closure schedule will be available the week prior to demolition.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
Valley View Street to Seal Beach Boulevard
- SB I-405 Freeway Closed at EB SR-22 (Closed from 11:59 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 9 until 5 a.m., Monday, Sept. 10)
- From the SB I-405 take the EB SR-22 connector, exit Valley View St., turn right on Garden Grove Blvd., then turn left on Valley View St. / Bolsa Chica Rd. to access the SB I-405 freeway on-ramp
- Daytime pile driving activities at the southbound I-405 / eastbound SR-22 connector have been completed for the time being and will not resume in the area until October. Pile driving activity takes place weekdays between 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.; please be advised this work may be loud and disruptive due to vibration and pounding.
Seal Beach Boulevard to I-605
- During Seal Beach Boulevard bridge reconstruction, OCTA and Caltrans remind motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians to share the road, stay alert and be safe! While the bridge is under construction, the sidewalk on the east half of the bridge (along northbound lanes) will be maintained for pedestrians and bicyclists. For more information regarding the reconstruction of the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge, visit the project website.