NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 09/04/2012 — 7:29 a.m. — Lampson Avenue and Basswood Street — A white Honda CR-V and a red Kia collided. No injuries were reported.
- 09/04/2012 — 8:35 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard —One gunshot was heard. About four minutes later, a second shot was heard. It turned out it was coming from farmers working some nearby land.
- 09/04/2012 — 4:55 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man was sitting outside of business on the patio, touching himself and watching women. The man, described as in his late 50s, wearing prescription glasses, a white t-shirt and khaki shorts, was reportedly “not exposing himself” but kept putting his hand in his pocket.
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 09/04/2012 — 7:43 p.m. — Birchwood Avenue — A woman said she and her husband were missing two rings and gold nugget bracelet. There were no signs of forced entry.
- 09/05/2012 — 11:18 a.m. — 10th Street — Someone stole an Electra Beach Cruiser bicycle from the caller’s yard between midnight and 7 a.m.
- 09/05/2012 — 2:14 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A dog was locked in white Mercedes Grand Marquis. The windows were cracked but the dog appeared to be in distress. Long Beach Animal Control was contacted, and officers said they would check on the animal.
- 09/05/2012 — 3:20 p.m. — Hazelnut Avenue — A caller said his or her daughter was receiving harassing text messages.
- 09/05/2012 — 11:42 p.m. — 7th Street — A father said his son was missing. The son was supposed to go to the store, but didn’t return home. The son was described as five feet 11 inches tall and about 225 pounds. The father said the son has run away before, and when he called his son's cellphone a stranger picked up.
EXTRA PATROL CHECK
- 09/06/2012 — 12:13 a.m. — Main Street — A caller was receiving complaints from tenants who said that there is an ongoing problem with people hanging out on the property and in the stairwells, smoking marijuana, drinking and urinating.
- 09/06/2012 09/06/2012 — Pacific Coast Highway and Main Street — A white Acura was headed northbound on PCH from Main, weaving on the road, traveling at a high rate of speed and following other vehicles closely. Two teens were reportedly inside the vehicle.
TRAFFIC COLLISION – NON-INJURY
- 09/06/2012 — 8:47 p.m. — Pelorus Avenue — A caller said he hit a silver BMW with his silver Nissan Altima and doesn’t know where the car’s owner is.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
- 09/07/2012 — 12:05 a.m. — 7th Street — A caller said her boyfriend pushed her and locked her in the bathroom.
- 09/07/2012 — 4:45 a.m. — Teaberry Circle — A caller reported someone walking on her roof. The woman said she’d been hearing the sound for the last 15 minutes. The woman lives on a two-story residence and the noise sounded like the heavy footsteps of a person. It turned out to be a large raccoon.
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 09/07/2012 — 8:57 a.m. — Driftwood Avenue — A catalytic converter was stolen from the caller’s white Toyota Tacoma.
- 09/07/2012 — 9:37 a.m. — Montecito Road — A woman said someone is harassing her and showed up at her residence last night.
- 09/07/2012 — 3:02 p.m. — Driftwood Avenue —Two men in a silver pickup truck were selling meat and fish. The side of the truck said Premier Meats. A caller said the duo was stopping every few houses, going door to door, and lying and saying they were making deliveries to the neighbors.
- 09/07/2012 — 6:27 p.m. — Marvista Avenue — A boy wearing red shorts and nothing else was found wandering around in front of the caller’s residence. The child was returned home.