, but after that labor resumes on various construction projects on the 405, 22 and 605 freeways.
Here's a partial list of construction projects in coming weeks, courtesy of the Orange County Traffic Authority.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
- Seal Beach Blvd. Bridge Demolition (West Half): Crews will demolish the west half of the Seal Beach Blvd. bridge at night Friday and Saturday, Sept. 7-8 and 14-15. Seal Beach Blvd. will be closed overnight to facilitate demolition activities. Demolition will require alternating nighttime closures of the northbound and southbound I-405 freeway, below the Seal Beach Blvd. bridge. A detailed closure schedule will be available next week.
- Northbound I-405 / Northbound I-605 Connector 55-Hour Closure: Connector will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 until 5 a.m., Monday, Sept. 17. If needed the connector may also be closed the following weekend, Sept. 21 through Monday, Sept. 24. This closure is necessary so that crews can realign the connector to accommodate the additional carpool lanes on the I-405 freeway. Click here for detailed detour information.
- Eastbound SR-22 / Northbound I-405 Connector 12-Month Closure: Beginning in mid- to late-September the eastbound SR-22 to northbound I-605 connector will be closed for approximately 12 months. This connectormust be demolished and reconstructed in order to accommodate the new I-405 / I-605 carpool connector. Click here for detailed detour information.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
Valley View Street to Seal Beach Boulevard
- The southbound I-405 freeway (from Seal Beach Boulevard to Valley View Street) will be closed nightly, Tuesday, Sept. 4 through Thursday, Sept. 6 between midnight and 5 a.m.
- DETOUR: From the southbound I-405 exit Seal Beach Boulevard and turn left, turn right on Westminster Avenue and continue east to access the southbound I-405 freeway on-ramp OR from Westminster Avenue turn left on Bolsa Chica Road, then right on Garden Grove Boulevard to access the eastbound SR-22 freeway on-ramp
- Daytime pile driving activities at the southbound I-405 / eastbound SR-22connector are ongoing and will continue for approximately the next two weeks. Pile driving will take place weekdays, between 6:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Once the current operation is complete pile driving will not resume again until October or November. Please be advised this work may be loud and disruptive due to vibration and pounding.
Seal Beach Boulevard to I-605
Nighttime closures are scheduled
- During Seal Beach Boulevard bridge reconstruction, OCTA and Caltrans remind motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians to share the road, stay alert and be safe! While the bridge is under construction, the sidewalk on the east half of the bridge (along northbound lanes) will be maintained for pedestrians and bicyclists. For more information regarding the reconstruction of the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge, visit the project website.