Editor's Note: The following crime calls were made to the Seal Beach Police Department and listed on the SBPD dispatch log.
- 02/22/2013 — 4:06 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — Someone reported a dead animal, possibly a coyote, on the jetty. Officers contacted Long Beach Animal Care Services.
- 02/25/2013 — 9:36 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard —A caller found an large, rusty, old machete in a trash can and wanted the Police Department to investigate and dispose of it.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
- 02/26/2013 — 4:55 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Westminster Boulevard — A fight was reported inside an Orange County Transportation Authority bus traveling north on Seal Beach Boulevard. The bus pulled over, and the caller didn’t know if either of the two people involved were injured.
MUNICIPAL CODE VIOLATION
- 02/26/2013 — 6:39 p.m. — Birchwood Avenue — A resident was draining his pool in the street and flooding the gutters. Someone advised the home owner that the city requires a permit to drain pools. The homeowner than stopped and said he or she would get a permit.
SEAL BEACH NAVAL WEAPONS STATION
- 02/27/2013 — 7:17 a.m. —Westminster Boulevard and Midway— A man on foot in a gray sweatshirt threw trash onto the base.
Editor's Note: Not all facts in each report are made public. There should be no assumption of guilt based on this limited information