- 08/06/2012 — 9:28 a.m. — Alderwood Lane — A caller reported money and checks stolen, and the caller suspects that the carpet cleaners are now using the checks. The call turned out to be unfounded.
- 08/06/2012 — 12:34 p.m. — Danbury Lane — A caller’s 82-year-old mother was last seen on Aug. 5 at noon. The caller’s vehicle, a white 4-door Toyota, was also missing. The mother reportedly has a poor memory, but was eventually located.
- 08/07/2012 — 6:49 p.m. — 10th Street — A caller said that a woman entered her residence and took her dog. The woman told the caller that the caller was abusing the dog and that the woman was from some type of rescue organization. The caller eventually got her dog back, but the woman was verbally abusive.
- 08/07/2012 — 8:09 p.m. — 11th Street — A man put a black beanie over the video camera in the carport. The man was described as about 20 years old, wearing a white dress shirt and riding around on a beach cruiser.
- 08/08/2012 — 9:16 a.m. — Pelham Road — A woman found a pistol in her deceased husband’s room and wanted to turn it in. It turned out to be bb gun.
- 08/08/2012 — 7:15 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — A caller found a seagull with a fish hook in its beak. Long Beach Animal Control was contacted.
TRAFFIC COLLISION WITH INJURIES
- 08/08/2012 — 8:52 a.m. — 14th Street and Pacific Coast Highway — A vehicle and a bike collided. An elderly male subject said he had a fracture in his leg. The Orange County Fire Authority was en route.
HARASSING PHONE CALL
- 08/09/2012 — 12:22 p.m. — St. Andrews Drive — A caller said they had been receiving annoying phone calls from a private number.
- 08/09/2012 — 4:19 p.m. — Bradbury and Seal Beach Boulevard — A female was lying in the street. One witness said that she jumped from her vehicle, a gray Ford F150, after she rear-ended another vehicle. The truck was blocking traffic, and the woman is now in the center of the road in the middle of Seal Beach Boulevard. The woman required medical attention.
- 08/10/2012 — 11:30 a.m. —Main Street — A caller reported a strong smell of gas on Main Street. OCFA was en route to check area.
- 08/10/2012 — 5:00 p.m. — Main Street — A man in his 40’s made a lewd comment to the caller’s 15-year-old daughter.
- 08/11/2012 — 12:300 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — Two drunk men in their 40's were standing at a drive thru window refusing to leave.
- 08/11/2012 — 2:42 p.m. — Crestview Avenue — A large tree branch fell onto a vehicle. The branch was “completely blocking the street.”
- 08/12/2012 — 4:49 p.m. — Yale Lane — Caller saw a coyote in her backyard. The coyote took the caller’s small dog. Both animals were not there when officers arrived.
- 08/12/2012 — 4:57 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — A 1-year-old boy with brown hair was reported missing. The child was eventually located.
- 08/13/2012 —12:33 a.m. — Main Street — A victim was punched in the face and had a black eye. The victim did not want medical attention and did not want to press charges against the person who hit him.
- 08/13/2012 — 1:23 a.m. —Westminster and Midway — A caller wanted the police to check on a man walking very close to the traffic lane because he was almost hit by a vehicle. The man was wearing dark clothing and walking eastbound.