- 05/29/2012 — 1:05 p.m. — Candleberry Avenue – A caller wanted to report a possible lottery scam and insisted on speaking with an officer. The caller was advised that the phone calls the caller had been receiving “are in fact a lotto scam.“
- 05/29/2012 – 1:45 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A woman in her 80s was walking down the street wearing only a sweater and underwear. The caller tried to get her to stop moving and wait for officers. Eventually, the woman was reunited with her husband.
- 05/30/2012 – 3:13 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Saint Cloud Drive — A citizen entered the police department and told officers about an accident that had occurred that morning. The citizen said his or her son had been hit by a vehicle. While the owner of the vehicle stopped and exchanged information, the citizen wanted a report made.
- 05/30/2012 – 6:55 p.m. — Ocean Avenue. A woman on the beach was passing out and having trouble breathing. She passed out a couple of times. Medics were sent to the location.
- 05/31/2012 — 2:12 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man and a women with a baby stroller entered a store and stole several packages of Power Source batteries.
AUTO THEFT REPORT
- 05/31/2012 — 8:35 p.m. — Central Avenue — A caller reported someone stole his 2011 Ford Mustang Cobra black. The report was then canceled, after the man called back and said that he had us woken up from a nap and “was a little groggy” and just remembered his vehicle was in the shop.”
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 06/01/2012 — 3:06 p.m. — Central Avenue — A man’s electric scooter was stolen during a visit to the man’s doctor. A witness said that a recycling company truck came and took it. The truck was reportedly white.
- 06/01/2012 — 8:21 p.m. — Elder Avenue — A caller said a son’s skateboard was taken from in front of a neighbor’s residence between 6 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. It was a skateboard with black deck, red wheels and silver writing on the bottom.
- 06/02/2012 – 8:40 a.m. — Brookline Road — A female described as “rambling” said her car was missing and said her neighbors were following her. The dispatcher stated that the woman sounded possibly under the influence of medicine or alcohol. Her vehicle is a 2005 Toyota.
- 06/02/2012 — 11:25 a.m. — 7th street — Someone reported a $300 single-speed neon green bike with red rear rims was taken from the carport.
- 06/03/2012 — 11:17 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Golden Rain Road — A truck and black car collided. One of the people involved complained of pain. Medics were called to the site.
NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 06/03/2012 — 3:46 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A burgundy Nissan Maxima and a motorcyclist collided. Insurance information and names were exchanged.
- 06/04/2012 — 12:09 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A couple of vehicles were driving recklessly southbound, and a citation was issued.
Blotter calls are made from reports to the Seal Beach Police Department. They do not reflect all calls made. Arrested individuals are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, and an arrest does not imply guilt or innocence.