- 05/11/2012 — 9:37 a.m. — Birchwood Avenue — A caller reported someone had stolen jewelry from the caller’s home. The stolen items: a black and white diamond gold necklace, black and white diamond earrings and a pearl and diamond ring in a setting of white gold.
- 05/01/2012 — 10:50 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — Near the recycling center, a man was punching signs and yelling. He had brown hair and a beard and a bloody hand. The caller said he looked between 45- and 50-years-old and was last seen wearing a gray t-shirt and beige paints.
- 05/02/2012 — 8:37 a.m. — Ocean Avenue — Three-hundred yards off the pier, a fishing vessel threw out a large net and appeared to have caught something big. The caller said it was suspicious. It turned out the vessel was a commercial fishing vessel fishing for bait.
- 05/02/2012 — 9:27 a.m. — Ocean Avenue — A caller reported two suitcases stolen outside the caller’s home about a half hour earlier. One suitcase was green and the other was black nylon, possibly with the words “Nine West” on the side of it.
- 05/03/2012 — 06:25 a.m. — Anderson Street and Pacific Coast Highway — A white BMW 5 Series with front-end damage was speeding and swerving along the road. The vehicle was last seen heading northbound on Pacific Coast Highway.
- 05/03/2012 — 7:07 p.m. — Sandpiper Drive — Two patio chairs were reported stolen from the caller’s front porch.
- 05/04/2012 — 12:15 p.m. — Lampson Avenue and Seal Beach Boulevard — A man driving a black Hyundai Sante Fe said he was being followed by a neighbor in a maroon Chrysler Sebring. The man has a restraining order against the neighbor.
- 05/04/2012 — 1:22 p.m. — Dogwood Avenue — A man entered SBPD headquarters and said that someone stole his wallet and an overnight bag out of the man's unlocked silver Acura TSX. The suspected thieves have been making charges to the man’s credit card.
- 5/05/2012 — 12:41 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller said a customer was trying to cash a fraudulent check. The suspect was a man, about 50-years-old with gray-brown hair and possibly wearing a gray shirt and shorts.
TRAFFIC COLLISION – NO INJURIES
- 05/05/2012 — 4:05 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A silver Toyota minivan and a black Honda Accord collided near the center median. The Accord also reportedly hit a tree. No injuries were reported.
- 05/06/2012 — 8:31 A.M. — Ocean Avenue — A seagull on the pier had a hook through its foot. The seagull was about 2/3 down the pier and unable to fly. Dispatch contacted Seal Beach lifeguards and Long Beach Animal Control.
- 05/06/2012 — 8:26 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — A man was taking pictures of kids at the playground area near the pier. The man was described as “very tan,” between his 40s and mid-50s, wearing a black jacket, a shirt with a pattern (possibly a Hawaiian shirt), a black t-shirt under the patterned shirt and bright red swim trunks. He did not have any children with him. The man was between 5 foot 10 and 5 foot 11 and had bleached blonde hair and small blonde goatee. The caller said it happend about 15 minutes before calling.
- 05/07/2012 — 03:32 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A transient was reported laying down on the sidewalk. The caller didn’t know if the transient was sleeping or drunk.
- 0507/2012 — 04:31 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A transient was bothering customers and walking in and out of a store.