- 05/07/2012 — 07:24 a.m. — Bolsa Avenue – Someone lit the soap dispenser on fire in a women’s restroom over the weekend.
- 05/07/2012 — 4:38 p.m. — Sandpiper Drive —Someone dropped off a racist “white power” post card on a caller’s lawn.
- 05/08/2012 — 7:52 a.m. —Anchor Way —A caller found an 18-month-old boy wearing a sweater around his waist and carrying a bag. When contacted, the boy’s mother said the baby had unlocked the door of her residence and walked out. Both parents went to pick up the child.
- 05/08/2012 — 12:11 p.m. —Westminster Avenue — A tan sedan hit a pole at the post office. No injuries were reported.
- 05/09/2012 — 6:41 p.m. —Ocean Avenue — A dolphin beached itself near Lifeguard Station No. 4.
- 05/09/2012 — 12:39 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Westminster Ave — A white, broken down Nissan Sentra was sitting in the road and blocking traffic. The vehicle's two elderly occupants eventually moved it out of the way.
- 05/10/2012 — 09:16 a.m. — Corsair Way — Sometime between 9 p.m. May 9 and 9 a.m. May 10, someone stole between $800 to $900 worth of plumbing tools from the bed of a Red F150, the truck’s owner reported.
- 05/10/2012 — 6:01 p.m. — 8th Street and Pacific Coast Highway — A white Mercedes, driven by a man with dark hair, was crossing over double-lines and weaving back and forth. The car was heading southbound on 8th Street.
POSSIBLE ATTEMPTED SUICIDE
- 05/11/2012 — 6:24 a.m. — Ocean Avenue — After a jogger saw a man walk directly into the ocean and fall face down, the jogger pulled the man out of the water. The man, in his 70s, asked the jogger to take him home. The jogger called the police on a passerby’s cell phone.
- 05/11/2012 — 1:37 p.m. — Elder Avenue — A caller said someone was using the caller’s Social Security number to file a tax return.
POSSIBLE OBSCENE PHONE CALL
- 05/12/2012 — 9:10 a.m. — Ocean Ave —A wife says her husband is being harassed via text by an unknown man who accuses the husband of texting his wife. The unknown man threatened to find out where the husband lived and “get him.” The caller does not desire any action by police.
SUSPICIOUS OCCUPIED VEHICLE
- 05/12/2012 — 12:03 p.m. — Old Ranch Road —The passenger of a black truck stole a bag of food intended for charity, a caller reported. The caller said that he and some neighbors had put bags of food on their mailboxes and that he was concerned the passenger may have stolen from other neighbors too.
NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 05/13/2012 — 2:05 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and 10th Street. A silver VW Passat and white Chevy Impala collided. After the crash, one vehicle was on 10th and the other was on PCH. No injuries were reported.
PETTY THEFT REPORT
- 05/13/2012 — 9:35 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller said her husband put her laptop in the bushes, so that he didn’t have to carry it around. When he came back the laptop, worth about $500, was gone.