Selected crime reports for April 17 to April 22 from the Seal Beach Police Department's incident logs.
NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 04/17/2012 — 10:18 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Westminster Avenue — A silver Toyota Solara and a red Lexus SUV collided. Drivers exchanged insurance information. No injuries were reported.
- 04/17/2012 — 6:44 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A caller reported receiving death threats by email.
- 04/18/2012 — 3:18 a.m. — Old Ranch Road and Seal Beach Boulevard — A vehicle coming off the freeway showed signs of collision-damaged and an officer investigated. The driver reported hitting the cone pattern on the freeway.
POLICE DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
- 04/18/2012 — 3:55 p.m. — Fir Avenue — After fixing a scratch on her car, four men followed a woman home and asked for money.
- 04/19/2012 — 11:30 a.m. — Apollo Court — Five employees were detained inside a business on suspicion of stealing some of the business’s products.
- 04/19/2012 — 5:32 p.m. — South Shore Drive — Vandals slashed four window screens, broke sprinklers and took plants from a woman’s home.
- 04/20/2012 — 10:40 a.m. —Laguna Place — A man said someone called him up and threatened to physically harm him because of a civil issue from the previous night. After the phone threat, the caller sent text messages for 30 minutes to the man continuing to threaten him. Later that night the man said the caller drove by the man’s residence.
- 04/20/2012 — 1:53 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller said that he had received a check for $4,870, and an email advising him to keep 15 percent and send the rest of the money to someone else.
- 04/20/2012 — 4:59 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — Someone reported that a 12-foot-long boat had flipped over and that an occupant of the boat was in the water. The incident was reported near the 1st Street jetty. Lifeguards said that they had received no reports of any boats flipped over. Long Beach Fire Department dispatched a rescue boat. No capsized boat was located.
- 04/21/2012 — 2:40 p.m. — 1st Street and Pacific Coast Highway — A man was laying on the ground, half on the sidewalk and half in the street, possibly drunk. A sober friend was reportedly going to help him out.
DISTUBANCE BY JUVENILE
- 04/21/2012 — 10:51 a.m. — Avalon Drive — A group of about 10 juveniles in their early teens were shooting paintball guns at each other.
- 04/21/2012 — 12:51 p.m. — 5th Street — A caller said that someone stole an IPod, laptop and a PSP handheld game system. The total loss valued at $1,000. The caller said the theft had happened on the April 18, but the caller said he or she had just seen the suspect again.
- 04/22/2012 — 08:36 a.m. — 10th Street — A neighbor was playing loud music while cleaning his garage. The caller said that it was an ongoing problem.
ILLEGALLY PARKED VEHICLE
- 04/22/2012 —8:47 a.m. — Seal Way — A gray Honda Civic was parked on the sidewalk.
- 4/22/2012 — 09:29 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — Someone stole two real estate signs from a nearby plot of land on April 21. The signs were valued at between $100-$200.
PETTY THEFT REPORT
- 04/22/2012 — 7:46 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller left her purse in a shopping cart. When she returned the purse was gone. She said she has video of a possible suspect.