PUBLIC WORKS INFO
- 05/14/2012 — 6:10 a.m. — 8th Street — A motor in a fountain was making a strange noise and not pushing the water along. The caller was referred to the city’s public works department.
- 05/14/2012 — 7:25 p.m. — 7th Street and Ocean Avenue — Two men at the corner looked like they were about to start fighting. One was overheard saying, “Go back to the pier. I’m going to fight you at the pier." No weapons were seen. One man was in his mid-20s and the other in his mid-30s.
- 05/15/12 — 11:20 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — Someone reported that the driverside doorlock of a black 2003 Ford Expedition had been punched in and that a purse had been taken.
- 05/15/2012 — 3:14 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A Purple PT Cruiser and a Gold Lexus collided. At first, the woman driving the PT Cruiser refused to give information, according to a witness. Eventually, names were exchanged.
- 05/16/2012 — 2:13 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A caller reported construction noise at the end of Adolfo Lopez Drive. It turned out the workers were working on a drainage ditch and had a permit for the work.
- 05/16/2012 — 4:09 p.m. — 8th Street — Someone reported a forged Seal Beach parking permit.
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 051712 — 07:58 a.m. — 1st Street — A woman said her vgray Jeep Patriot was missing. She also said her neighbor’s storage space had been ransacked.
- 05/17/2012 — 3:04 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man was found lying dead on a bathroom floor. The man's name was not released. No one else was in the room. Officials called the coroner and a chaplain.
- 05/18/2012 — 11:48 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man was injured possibly by a falling crane. He was conscious but had a wrist injury.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
- 05/18/2012 — 11:29 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — The driver of a white Chevy Suburban headed northbound on PCH was possibly under the influence. The caller said they were following in the vehicle in a tan Nissan Maxima.
- 05/19/2012 — 2:42 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A woman said that she was getting ready to head home in her car, when, after she turned on the air conditioning, a man opened her vehicle door, turned off the car and took her keys. The man was upset that she had her car running. The man was in his 60s, wearing white t-shirt and shorts and followed the caller to a nearby restaurant.
- 05/19/2012 — 10:23 p.m.— Rose Circle — A loud band was still playing even though, the caller reported, it was supposed to stop performing at 10 pm.
- 05/20/2012 — 9:15 a.m. — 17th Street — An Acura collided with a Ford P2 while in the alleyway. No injuries were reported
- 05/20/2012 — 1:41 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Main Street — A motorcycle and silver Honda collided. The motorcycle rider was conscious and moving.
- 05/21/2012 — 12:57 a.m. — Studebaker and Pacific Coast Highway — A yellow Ford Mustang was involved in a solo crash. Emergency crews were en route.
- 05/21/2012 — 2:28 a.m. — Regatta Way – A 77-year-old male was unconscious and had labored breathing. The Orange County Fire Authority was en route.