- 06/13/2012 — 9:09 a.m. — 8th Street and Electric Avenue — A caller said a 20-year-old man with his genitalia exposed approached the caller and asked for money. The man was described has having dark, curly hair and wearing a black-and-gray-striped sweater and jeans.
- 06/13/12 —12:29 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A motorhome caught fire in the street. Witness reported seeing smoke coming from vehicle. The Orange County Fire Authority was en route.
NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 06/14/2012 — 11:15 a.m. — Lampson Avenue and Seal Beach Boulevard — A gray Toyota Camry and a white truck collided. A caller said that white truck was blocking traffic.
- 06/14/2012 — 4:03 p.m. — Corsair Way — A woman said that while she was working in her garage someone came into her house and stole some jewelry, possibly through an unlocked front door.
- 06/15/2012 — 4:21 a.m. — 1st Street — A caller reported that a large water pipe had broken and that Pacific Coast Highway near 1st Street was flooding. The dispatcher reported that there was a “language barrier” between the dispatcher and the caller. Officers were unable to locate a broken pipe.
- 06/15/2012 — 10:57 a.m. — 8th Street — Someone stole a coin-operated washer and dryer valued at $600. The person also stole $50 worth of change. The caller said it happened possibly around June 8.
MUNICIPAL CODE VIOLATION
- 06//16/2012 — 1:15 a.m. — 10th Street — A neighbor is running a motorcycle business out of his garage, a caller reported. The caller thinks the man takes the motorcycles from his garage to the nearby parking lot and revs the engines there. The man reportedly also revs the engines a lot inside the garage.
- 06/16/2012 — 19:35 p.m. — Sandpiper Drive — Someone reported a loud bang, possibly coming from the street behind the caller’s home. Firework remnants were found in the street, but whoever was setting them off was gone when officers arrived.
NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 06/17/2012 — 10:25 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and 5th Street — A black Nissan and a gray Volkswagen Jetta collided. The drivers exchanged information.
- 06/17/2012 — 3:51 p.m. — Main Street — A caller reported a fake $20 bill. Now the customer who gave the bill wants to come and pick it up.
- 06/18/2012 — 3:06 p.m. — Seal Way — A sick pelican was reported on the boardwalk. Dispatchers referred the caller to Long Beach Animal Control.
- 06/18/2012 — 8:28 p.m. — Mar Vista Avenue and Pacific Coast Highway — A male transient was doing yoga in the middle of Mar Vista. He was wearing dark clothing. When officers arrived, the man was gone, and the blotter states that he “possibly ascended to a higher plane before (the officers’) arrival.”
- 06/19/2012 — 1:05 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard. — Someone reported the No. 1 “booster pump” had failed. The caller was referred to the city’s public works department.