TRAFFIC COLLISION - NO INJURIES
- 04/23/2012 — 7:45 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and 16th Street — A black Toyota and a black Volkswagen Jetta collided.
- 04/23/2012 —9:27 a.m. — 16th street — Someone entered the Seal Beach Police Department lobby and reported that a hacker had broken into his or her Facebook account and put up inappropriate pictures.
GRAND THEFT REPORT
- 04/23/2012 — 11:23 a.m. — Edinger Avenue — Someone stole a $5,000 outboard motor from a boat, a caller reported. The caller, who owned the boat, said the theft took place sometime over the weekend.
- 04/24/2012 — 11:34 a.m. — Marin Drive — A boyfriend showed up at his girlfriend’s home and was refusing to leave, the girlfriend told police. The man had been pounding on her window, texting her, asking for money and threatening her. The conflict was reportedly over a $100 debt.
- 04/24/2012 — 6:39 p.m. — 405 Freeway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A man was pushing an elderly woman in a wheelchair “very fast,” and the caller was concerned for the woman’s safety. The man was in forties, wearing tan shorts and a navy blue t-shirt with a white logo.
- 04/25/2012 — 01:45 a.m. — 14th Street — After drinking a bottle of vodka and half a bottle of wine, a woman started disturbing the peace and tried to steal from her friend's apartment, the friend said.
- 04/25/2012 — 11:31 a.m. — Adolfo Lopez Drive — A-30-year-old bank employee had a seizure. She was heard screaming, and someone saw blood coming out of her mouth. Emergency crews were dispatched.
HEALTH AND SAFETY VIOLATION
- 04/26/2012 — 11:04 a.m. — 405 Freeway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A woman in a red Honda Civic was seen sniffing something through a straw. The woman was in her twenties, wore sunglasses and had her hair in a bun. She was last seen exiting the 405 freeway.
- 04/27/2012 — 11:01 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard. A tan Chihuahua with no collar was seen running around the area since at least 8 a.m.
- 04/27/12 — 10:06 p.m. — Westminster and Seal Beach Boulevard — A Gray Kia Spectra and a silver Pontiac Grand Prix collided at an intersection. Both drivers declined medical attention. Later, one of the drivers complained of pain. A witness said that the passenger and driver in the silver car switched seats after the incident.
- 04/28/2012 — 11:27 a.m. Coastline Drive. —A large swarm of bees was gathering on a neighbor's property, a caller said. The caller was concerned for people walking to the car show. The caller didn’t know if the neighbor knew about the bees.
- 04/28/2012 — 1:19 p.m. — Montecito Road — A woman said her ex-husband was in her home throwing things. She was calling from a black van in front of the residence.
- 04/28/2012 — 9:08 p.m. — Dogwood Avenue — Juveniles were throwing orange cones at homes and playing ding dong ditch.
- 04/29/2012 — 9:09 a.m. — 1st Street —A caller reported a fire pit had been stolen from the front of the caller's yard sometime in the past nine hours. The fire pit was valued at $200, and no suspects were seen or heard.
POSSIBLE WELFARE CHECK
- 04/29/2012 — 1:42 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A 70-year-old woman wearing a lace top and no underwear was sitting in a restaurant and refusing to leave. The woman was by herself and smelled as if she had defecated. She seemed confused, and the caller thought she might have had a stroke. The woman was checked by medics and released to her son.
- 04/29/2012 — 7:35 p.m. — North Gate Road and Seal Beach Boulevard — Some people were racing a dune buggy in public streets, according to a number of reports to the department. When an officer arrived, the people were loading the buggy into a truck and were leaving the area. The officer told them not to conduct their tests on public streets. They people said they would comply.
- 04/30/2012 — 11:32 a.m. — North Gate Road — Someone broke the rear passenger door of the caller’s gold 2007 Toyota Sequoia and stole a number of items from inside.
- 04/30/2012 — 4:58 p.m. — Main Street — Someone reported a purse stolen during the car show at 12 p.m.