TRAFFIC COLLISION WITH INJURIES
- 04/09/12 — 8:20 a.m. — Near the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Boulevard — A pickup truck and a Toyota Scion collided.
- 04/09/2012 — 10:47 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A missing black purse, which a shopper reported stolen, was found in another shopping cart.
- 04/10/2012 — 10:19 a.m. — Montecito Road — A woman said she gave a $250 check to a caregiver, and the caregiver changed the check to $1,250 and cashed the check. The woman visited the lobby of the Seal Beach Police Department to report the incident.
- 04/10/2012 — 11:52 a.m. — Driftwood Avenue — The driver of a gray Ford sedan almost hit the caller’s vehicle while driving down the street. The driver had a goatee and was wearing blue shirt and jeans.
TRAFFIC COLLISION NON-INJURY
- 04/10/2012 — 12:12 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A blue 2007 Honda Accord collided with a gray Chrysler convertible. The driver of the Chrysler did not exchange information and left after saying he did not have insurance. The driver was wearing a blue sweater and sitting next to a female passenger.
MUNICIPAL CODE VIOLATION
- 04/11/2012 — 7:31 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man was urinating on the sidewalk and exposing himself to traffic. He was in his 50s and had gray hair.
- 04/11/2012 — 4:46 p.m. — 15th Street — A woman punched her ex-boyfriend in the face in a dispute over a dog, according to the ex-boyfriend's sister. The ex-girlfriend is brown-haired and heavyset. She also drives a red Mercedes coupe. The man declined medical attention.
- 04/12/2012 — 5:41 p.m. — Ironwood and Tulip — A mother duck with 11 ducklings was trying to cross the street to get to the golf course, according to the caller.
- 04/12/2012 — 8:09 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A man fell off his barstool, possibly the victim of a heart attack. The man was 50 years old and on his back. Orange County Fire Authority units were dispatched. He was reportedly conscious and breathing.
- 04/13/2012 — 10:14 a.m. — North Gate Road and Seal Beach Boulevard — A woman was sitting on the side of the road in what a caller called a "dangerous location." Wearing a plaid jacket and carrying a white blanket, the woman said she was waiting for a ride. She eventually moved across the street to wait at the bus bench.
- 04/13/2012 — 3:49 p.m. — 11th Street — Someone stole a laptop, a Kinect (an Xbox 360 motion-sensing controller) and a jar of change from a caller’s residence. A sliding glass door at the home was unlocked.
- 04/14/2012 — 4:42 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway — A man in a beanie and dirty-looking black jacket and green shirt was asking customers for money. The caller said the man had been asked to leave many times and was standing by the propane tanks nearby.
- 04/15/2012 — 2:55 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — Someone stole an HTC smart phone valued at $719.
- 04/15/2012 — 5:25 p.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — A man shoplifted some items and then returned them to the store for a cash refund. The man left a wallet in the bathroom containing an ID belonging to another man. The total cost of the fraudulently returned items was $30.85.
- 04/16/2012 — 1:05 pm. — Main Street and Central Avenue— A bald, bearded man carrying a khaki satchel and wearing a camera around his neck was riding up and down Main Street on an electric scooter and yelling at people.
- 04/16/2012 — 6:11 a.m. — Sea Breeze Drive — Someone stole welding equipment out of the back of a white 2011 Ford F-350. The equipment was secured to the bed of truck with a cable, which the thief cut. The welding equipment was valued at $700.
- 04/17/2012 — 01:08 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard and Saint Cloud Drive — A white van was parked in the middle of the road. The van had no lights on, and the caller almost hit it. It turned out the van had run out of gas.