DISTURBING THE PEACE
- 06/25/2012 — 7:22 p.m. — Marina Drive — The driver of a yellow Chevrolet Avalanche did donuts in the parking lot. The caller who reported the incident complained about the dust. The car was gone when officers arrived.
- 06/25/2012 — 8:2 p.m. — Pacific Coast Highway and San Gabriel River Trail — A caller said he was attacked and is bleeding. He declined medical attention and said he was involved in a fist fight. The man who hit him was described in his 40s with gray hair. The caller was uncooperative and did not want to make a report.
- 06/26/2012 — 8:46 a.m. — 1st Street and Ocean Avenue — A white plastic bag, possibly with dead bird's feet coming out of it, was found at about 7:30 a.m. Officers found a chicken head in the gutter. Long Beach Animal Control was contacted.
- 06/26/2012 — 6:39 p.m. — Ocean Avenue — Someone found a signed check for $96.02.
- 06/27/2012 — 1:28 p.m. — Main Street. — Two people were asking for money. The couple, a male and female, were playing guitar and had sleeping bags with them.
- 06/27/2012 — 4:21 p.m. — Main Street — Protesters said they wanted the police department to respond to a man who was ripping down their signs and posters. In contrast, the man said that the protesters were harassing him. Both parties were counseled.
PETTY THEFT REPORT
- 06/28/12 — 8:09 a.m. — Seal Beach Boulevard — Someone stole a gas tank cap from a man’s silver Chevrolet pickup truck.
- 06/28/2012 — 2:15 p.m. — 15th Street and Landing Avenue — An unsupervised child between five and six years old was sitting by himself on the corner. The caller said he’s seen the child by himself as early as 5 a.m. The boy is blond, wearing tan shorts and has a scooter.
- 06/28/2012 — 6:59 p.m. — 15 street — A caller reported water falling from his neighbor’s upper deck, and the caller said the home may be flooded. The problem turned out to be a sprinkler leak.
- 06/29/2012 — 9:24 A.M. — Del Monte Drive — A woman said she had wired $1,900 to someone “claiming to be her grandson.”
- 06/29/2012 — 11:58 a.m. — Guava Avenue —Two 13-year-old daughters were at home with their 19-year-old female babysitter when they said they heard footsteps upstairs. All three moved outside into the sitter’s vehicle front of the house with their dog. No one was found inside.
- 06/30/2012 — 12:02 a.m. — Sandpiper Drive — Three people were outside of an ongoing party, and some of them were urinating on lawns, the caller said.
- 06/30/2012 — 11:17 a.m. — Main Street —Vandals damaged a metal arbor, stole flower pots and left human waste on the side of a building, a caller said.
- 06/30/2012 — 8:20 p.m. — An elderly female possibly took too much medicine and refused transport to an emergency room.
DISTURBANCE – FAMILY
- 07/01/2012 — 2:01 a.m. — Ocean Avenue — A man said his girlfriend is abusing him. No weapons are involved and both the boyfriend and girlfriend had been drinking. The girlfriend is pushing the caller, who declined medical attention.
- 07/11/2012 — 9 a.m. — Injured Animal — Ocean Avenue and 7th Street — A seal, possibly a baby, washed ashore alive.
POSSIBLE GRAND THEFT
- 07/01/2012 — 12:48 p.m. — A person came to the caller’s home two weeks ago and borrowed a $2,000 electric drum set from the caller’s 12-year-old-son. The person has refused to return it.
POSSIBLE PETTY THEFT
- 07/02/2012 — 1:27 A.M. — Fir Avenue — A woman said her brother stole 50 pills from her.
- 07/02/2012 — 5:41 a.m. — 11th Street and Central Avenue — A power line, possibly a live wire, was in the middle of Central Avenue between 11th and 12th street. The Orange County Fire Authority was en route.