NON-INJURY TRAFFIC COLLISION
- 10/06/2012 — 3:05 a.m. — 14th Street and Dolphin Avenu. — A caller said a white pickup truck backed into a natural gas meter, and the caller reported smelling leaking gas. Dispatch said that because “gas is venting into open air” so evacuation was not required. The gas company was notified by the Orange County Fire Authority, and the gas pipe at 14th was shut off. The driver of the white truck was detained and arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
- 10/07/2012 —11:25 a.m. — Westminster Avenue and Seal Beach — A man on a bike with a female on the handlebars had a dog off the leash and is going in and out of traffic. No word if it was the bike or the dog that was going in and out of traffic.
- 10/07/2012 — 11:01 p.m. — Westminster Avenue — Subjects left a restaurant in a white Ford Explorer after dining and dashing. They were reportedly five people, three males and two females. The bill was $64.
AUTO THEFT REPORT
- 10/07/2012 — 8:25 p.m. — Clipper Way and Electric Avenue —A red 2009 Mazda Miata was reported missing. Later, the woman said she located her car. It was “not stolen” it has just been misplaced.
- 10/08/2012 — 1:48 a.m. — Pacific Coast Highway —Two females, one 6- feet-tall with long blond hair and a blue top, and the other a woman with grey hair, were walking toward Bolsa. Both could barely walk.
Information courtesy the Seal Beach Police Department.