When it comes to pumpkin carving, some people are born artists, and others... not so much. Seeing as how I severed my pinkie finger while carving a pumpkin in the fourth grade (true story), I fall into the latter category. But these days, anyone can be an artist thanks to stencils.
So Patch has compiled a collection of the best stencils on the web to help you impress your friends and neighbors. Also, both Vons, Target and the 99 Cents Store carry tons of pumpkin carving kits with safety knives.
- For fun family pumpkin carving patterns, try this website, featuring the traditionals plus Spongebob, Scooby Doo and the Fighting Irish: http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/pumpkin-carving-decorating/jack-o-lanterns/
- Maybe you are an art lover. This one is surely what Norwegian Symbolist Edvard Munch had in mind when he painted ‘The Scream:’ http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/pumpkin-carving-decorating/jack-o-lanterns/the-oh-no-pumpkin-carving-pattern-710096/
- For every classic in the book including the spooked cat, the ghost, the goblin, the owl, the skeleton, the haunted house, and for famous faces such as Darth Vader, Shrek, Jack Sparrow, and Winnie the Pooh this site has every carving pattern you could ask for and then some: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701-s&va=halloween+pumpkin+patterns
- If you live near the beach, then this fishy pumpkin pattern is a must: http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/pumpkin-carving-decorating/jack-o-lanterns/fishy-food-chain-jack-o-lantern-785280/
- Haunted House Pumpkin, the new classic: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/haunted-house-pumpkin-carving-pattern-710657/
- The Fearsome Cat: http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/pumpkin-carving-decorating/jack-o-lanterns/panther-pumpkin-carving-pattern-710099/