If there is one word that’s on the mind of every high school student this time of year it might be PROM! Yes, we’re right in the midst of prom-mania—Los Alamitos High School’s Prom is this Saturday—and arguably the hottest accessory for prom is something that most of us can’t live without: our mobile phone.
Be smart and use your phone as your personal assistant for all prom-planning. From finding a date to picking your hairstyle, your mobile device is going to be the one-stop shop to make your prom night the best ever!
Here are six tips from AT&T to help you be the bomb at the prom.
1. Desperate for a last-minute date? Need a confidence boost? Check out Ask2Dance ($1.99 for iPhone) to let the romance$ flow.
2. Is your date not what you expect? Looking to ditch your date? Play it cool with ShakeNFake ($0.99) for iPhone). As the name suggests, simply shake your phone to make it look like you’re receiving a call. Set the fake call to show a name, phone number and picture so you’ll be sure to fool the dud you’re trying to ditch!
3. “Try on” different hairdos with PromHairstyles (free for iPhone). Save your favorite and bring the image in to your stylist to have her duplicate for the big night.
4. Picking a prom dress can be daunting. Get some help keeping track of options, accessories and details. iPromDress ($1.99 for iPhone) lets you save favorite dresses digitally and include specifics such as designer, price, color and neckline for easy comparison. A free and similar app is PromGuide (free for iPhone and Android), which can direct you to nearby stores that sell your favorite styles. If you are trying to keep track of multiple outfits for more than one dance (lucky you!), try iFrockUp (free for iPhone), which includes countdowns for multiple dates and allows you to mix and match accessories to different dresses to create a new look for each prom.
5. Make your mobile device a smart accessory with customized skins and cases. Use skinit.com to create an exact color match case for your device and even import graphics and designs to match your wardrobe for the night. Or try out letscrystalit.com to add jewels and crystals to a case for a sparkly touch. Better yet, go all out with a new phone that matches your look for the night. Many of this spring’s “in” colors have made their way to the latest mobile devices. At AT&T, fashionistas have a kaleidoscope of devices to choose from—everything from a cool cyan blue Nokia Lumia 900 to a mod white HTC Vivid to a pretty pink Pantech Pursuit II.
6. Finally, make sure to book dinner reservations. Start your night off right with UrbanSpoon (free for iPhone and Android) to book your pre-prom dinner reservation. Use the restaurant generator to find options based on price point, type of food and location.
— Laura Escudero, Casey & Sayre, Inc., Los Angeles