Here is the trick to a perfect hardboiled egg along with an egg salad recipe for your leftovers. Happy Easter.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water to just about an inch above the eggs. Make sure the eggs are spread out in a single layer.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- As soon as the water boils, remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 15 to 17 minutes. Leaving the eggs in boiling water will make them rubbery, which is why you put the eggs in the pan at the beginning an not after the water is boiling.
- Place the eggs in cold water. The eggs will heat the water up over time, so add ice cubes or replace the warm water with cool.
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise (less if you like it light and dry)
- tablespoon of mustard
- tablespoon of sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill
- minced red onion or a chopped green onion
- capers or olives
Related: Just in Time for Easter, Chocolate Is Health Food!