In the holiday spirit of gift-giving, you may have decided to give yourself a break from cooking and cleaning up after. Fortunately, a number of local restaurants and coffeehouses will be open this holiday weekend with some creative, elegant and just plain mouthwatering options.
Know of any other great restaurants open either day? Add them in the Comments section below.
- , the folks over at are serving a Christmas Eve “Christmas Story” dinner, re-creating the famously not-so-traditional meal that Ralphie and his family enjoyed after their Christmas turkey went to the dogs. From 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 320 Main will serve egg drop soup, pork belly egg rolls, and “Chinese Turkey (crispy duck).” For reservations, call 562-799-6246 or email email@example.com
- Sir Winston's on the Queen Mary will be open for those looking for an elegant and refined Christmas Day menu that starts with winter squash and pumpkin soup, continues through classic Beef Wellington and ends with a chocolate hazelnut torte. For reservations (recommended), call 877-342-0738. Location: 1126 Queens Highway on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- For another traditional "Christmas Story" Chinese dinner, try at 10883 Los Alamitos Blvd. in Los Alamitos. The restaurant will be open its normal hours and can be reached at 562-493-2685.
- will be open on Christmas Day from noon to 7 pm. For reservations (recommended) call 562-596-2797. Location: 12489 Seal Beach Boulevard in Seal Beach.
- Don the Beachcomber's wants everyone to be jolly, so it's holding Happy Hour from noon to 9 p.m. and will serve dinner. Make reservations by calling 562-592-1321. For more information, visit www.donthebeachcomber.com. Location: 16278 Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach.
- For a light snack and a warm drink, will be open Christmas Day from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., serving its regular menu plus holiday flavors that include eggnog latté, peppermint mocha, gingerbread latté, pumpkin spice latté and peppermint white chocolate mocha. For those looking for something besides coffee, they will also offer peppermint hot chocolate and caramel apple spice cider. For more information, call 562-431-7973.
- The Sky Room will be open Christmas Eve with a four-course meal at $69 per person. Make required reservations by calling 562-983-2703. More information is available at www.theskyroom.com. Location: 40 South Locust Ave. in Long Beach.
- Wokcano Restaurant & Lounge will be open on Christmas, serving its regular menu, 4 pm. to 2 a.m. For reservations, call 562-951-9652. For more information, visit www.wokcanorestaurant.com. Location: 199 The Promenade North in Long Beach.
- is open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Christmas Day. Location: 905 Ocean Ave., Seal Beach.