The Fourth of July is still a few days away, but John Wayne Airport is expecting an increase in the volume of holiday travelers this weekend.
According to JWA, passengers using the airport from Friday through July 8 should be prepared for busier-than-normal crowds. Visitors to JWA throughout the July 4 holiday should also be aware of ongoing construction around the airport, exercise caution when navigating airport roadways and follow posted speed limits.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint.
- A portion of the lower Arrival Level roadway is currently narrowed due to construction and visitors are encouraged to instead drop-off/pick-up passengers on the upper Departure Level.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the airport can also utilize two-hour parking spaces, available in parking structures A1, A2, B2 and C.
- A list of prohibited items—including fireworks—can be found at www.ocair.com/traveltips.
- Curbside valet parking is available for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Use the off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the terminals every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call (949) 252-5200; for directions to JWA, visit www.ocair.com/parking.