Another Pacific cold front will glide into the California coast Monday and generate high winds and light rain in Orange County on Tuesday, forecasters said.
The front will move into the Central Coast this afternoon and spread rain south overnight, according to a National Weather Service advisory. Orange County residents can expect a 30 percent chances of rain this afternoon and 70 percent chance of overnight showers.
Precipitation will be light, with the chance of rain diminishing Tuesday afternoon, but strong winds, gusting as high as 50 miles per hour, are expected, particularly in mountain areas, NWS forecasters said.
The snow level will start out above 6,000 feet tonight but drop down to the 3,500-4,000-foot level Tuesday, although snow accumulation will be light -- no more than two inches, they said.
The NWS forecast drizzly weather today and highs in the low 60s throughout Orange County.
Temperatures will be around the same Tuesday, when rain and snow are forecast, and dip a few degrees on Wednesday amid sunny weather, according to the NWS. The next bout of rain after Tuesday is expected Sunday.