If you're a local high school senior, the deadline to apply for a Rossmoor college scholarship is fast approaching.
The Rossmoor Homeowners Association will offer three separate scholarship awards to qualifying high school seniors: $3,000 for first prize, $2,000 for second prize and $1,000 for third prize.
Students must apply by March 15 and mail the application to Rossmoor Homeowners Association, P.O. Box 5058, Rossmoor, CA 90721.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a high school senior who will graduate in 2013.
- Live in the residence of an RHA member whose 2013 dues have been paid by the deadline for the application.
- Plan to attend college in 2013.
Judges will rank applicants on four elements:
- GPA (20 percent)
- Academic Awards/Other Achievements (20 percent)
- Community and school service (20 percent)
- Essay submitted with the scholarship application (40 percent)
In the essay, students must respond to a topic – in 500 words or less – as if they were a member of the RHA Board of Director.
The topic? "What the RHA could do to improve living in Rossmoor and how I would implement the recommendation(s)"