CoachArt is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that provides free arts and athletic lessons to children and adolescents with chronic illnesses as well as to their siblings. We look for volunteers to donate their time and instruction to our students in a wide range of activities and capacities both outside and inside hospital settings including art, music, photography, yoga, martial arts, acting, dancing, cooking and much more! Our goal is to provide a creative, educational space for kids to develop new ideas, express themselves and have fun. We have students living throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties awaiting a passionate volunteer to brighten their lives.
Through our In-Hospital Workshops, volunteers work in pairs to design 2-hour art workshops to implement and engage with students at a pediatric hospital playroom. Workshops are scheduled in advance and take place monthly during the weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings at Miller Children’s Hospital in Long Beach.
- Provide a Social Security number for use in an internal background check
- Minimum age- 18
- Attend an Orientation Training
- Have skills in the arts and athletics
- Be passionate and reliable
- Enjoy working with kids
- Comfortable in a hospital setting
- CoachArt is always looking for volunteers to join our year-round program.
- Position is unpaid
- Time commitment: Approx 2 hours/week
Miller Children’s Hospital
2801 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90806